WHO IS THE OPEN HANDS FOUNDATION?
The Open Hands Foundation is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization that exists to meet the unmet critical needs of vulnerable people in our community. Open Hands was founded by Westwood Community Church in 2003.
See our 2016 annual report here.
See our 2015 annual report here.
We believe that God wants to give to us abundantly and therefore we can give back in the same manner, believing that we cannot out-give God. We research the unmet needs of our community and join together to address them. In short we seek to be the hands and feet of Christ in our community.
Download the Open Hands informational brochure.
Learn about who we are by watching this video.
Pam Langseth, Board Member
- Executive Director of Open Hands Foundation (volunteer)
- Current Board Member: Minnetonka School Board, Breakthrough Twin Cities, Landscape Structures Inc
- Previous: Executive Director of Social Venture Partners; President of Juut Holdings Inc., Director of Innovation at Best Buy; Senior Buyer/ Human Resources Manager at Dayton Hudson; Board Member of Teach for America and Association of Metropolitan Schools Districts
- Husband Tom; Sons Danny (Morgan), Michael (Kaia), and Tipper
- Resident of Shorewood
- BS Business, University of Minnesota Twin Cities (1981)
Steve Lattu, Board Treasurer
- Treasurer of Open Hands Foundation (volunteer)
- Currently: Retired
- Previous: COO and CFO of Partners in Food Solutions 2 years; Finance and Information Technology, Cargill, Inc. 31 years
- Family: Wife Kim; Daughters Rebecca and Jenna
- Resident of Chanhassen
- BSBA Accounting and Philosophy, Concordia College - Moorhead, MN (1981)
Michael Moore, Board Secretary
- Secretary of Open Hands Foundation (volunteer)
- Current: Founder and President of NP2H Inc., a 12 year-old business development consulting company
- Board Member Westwood Community Church(10 years) Tonka United Soccer Association.
- Family: Wife Jean, two grown daughters, and 3 grandchildren.
- Mike and Jean grew up in Minnetonka, and have been residents of the Chanhassen/Chaska communities for over 30 years.
Joel Johnson, Board Member